The Funerals360 "Return Home" Travel Assurance Plan is a repatriation plan that guarantees the return of your whole body or cremated remains in the case of a death more than 75 miles from your home. One call will ensure the timely, compassionate repatriation at no cost beyond the initial lifetime membership enrollment.
- On average Baby Boomers travel greater than 100 miles from home 4x a year
- 66% of all 2019 membership claims were domestic
- 70% of the 66% were all within 200 miles of the members legal residence
- In the event a customer dies while more than 75 miles from their legal residence*, the Return Home Travel Assurance Plan will return the mortal remains from the site of death, to anywhere around the world, regardless of their legal residence, allowing family and friends the flexibility to choose what is right for them.
- The service identifies reputable, local, licensed funeral homes, mortuaries, or direct disposition facilities to provide the highest level of care for the deceased. This includes all aspects of care including the preparation and transport for embalming and cremation.
- Assistance domestically as well as anywhere in the world, and management of all aspects of the return of the remains to alleviate the burden, stress, and complication of returning a loved one to their family including:
- Death Certificates
- Customs paperwork
- Diplomatic requirements
- Other Documents
- The service also facilitates the return of any accompanying companion(s) and/or pet(s) by coordinating travel arrangements on behalf of the customers’ family as closely as possible to the transportation schedule of the loved one’s remains.
- We understand the emotional difficulties during such times, and offer access to bereavement counseling when more than 75 miles away from home.
Unlike insurance, the Funerals360 Return Home Travel Assurance Plan provides a lifetime benefit that brings you home, not to the nearest port, consulate, or international airport. The membership plan covers all of the services provided with no financial cap and no additional expenses for those services. There are no exclusions to pre-existing conditions, no age restrictions, or extreme sports.
*Legal residence is defined as the place of residence of 180 or more days in the twelve months preceding the date of death. It will require verification through voter registration, driver’s registration, and/or other means. A nursing home will be deemed the residence if the stay there has exceeded 180 days.
How The Plan Works
- The Funerals360 Return Home Travel Assurance Plan has access to a worldwide network of highly trained emergency transport providers who adhere to the highest standards. Dedicated to the highest quality of service, our providers rigorously manage all cases to ensure no added stress or uncertainty during the process.
- If a family has previously selected a funeral home or mortuary, we will facilitate complete collaboration with that chosen service provider.
- To ensure no added stress or complications for our customers’ families; service providers follow a strict and clearly defined set of procedures during the time of need.
- We encourage and facilitate emergency message transmissions between family members to promote meaningful and timely communication during the entire process.
- If enrollment of the Return Home Travel Assurance Plan occurs while 75 miles away from the legal residence*, return of remains benefit becomes effective upon the customer's return to the legal residence for subsequent travel.
- Member must be 75 miles or more away from their legal residence
- You can not be traveling away from home more than 6 months or 180 consecutive days.
- You can not be in a "Do Not Travel" list country. You and your family will have the choice of shipping the whole body back or cremated remains back from anywhere in the world, to the location of your choice (it does not need to be your listed "home.")
- No Exclusions (health or otherwise)
- Lifetime Membership & Guarantee - Buy Now, Use Later
- All-Inclusive Coverage - Full Body or Cremation Coordination & Repatriation
- Worry-Free Protection (we handle it all for you)
- Valid for National & International repatriation - Perfect for snow-birds with homes in multiple domestic locations
The Return Home Travel Assurance Plan and transportation benefits are powered by American Pre-Arrangement Services, Inc. (APASI), the world's largest provider of domestic and international pre-arrangement assistance services and are fully insured with an international travel assistance network that has serviced Fortune 500 firms for more than 20 years.